Our contact details
Name: Creating Future Opportunities (CFO)
Address: 1100 Daresbury Park, Daresbury, Warrington, England, WA4 4HS
Phone Number: 01925 423 400
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contact information, name and email address
- Your IP addresses
- Postcode searches you perform
- Other information such as interests and preferences
- Data profile regarding your online behaviour on our website
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To help you find CFO services in your area
- To better understand your needs
- To improve our services and programmes
- To send you promotional emails that you have signed up for
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participant in other types of market research
- To customise our website according to your online behaviour and personal preferences
We use the information that you have given us in order to
- Understand how you use our emails – for example whether you open then, and which links you click on
- Details of which web browser you use
- To improve our website and the service it delivers
We may share this information with European Social Fund, HMPPS, MoJ or other GOV.UK services
Where you provide your consent, we use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how you use Co-financing.org. This includes IP addresses
Google Analytics processes information about
- The pages you visit on co-financing.org
- How long you spend on each CFO page
- How you got on to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
We also receive the same information from other government digital services
We make sure you cannot be directly identified by Google Analytics data. We do this by using Google Analytics’ IP address anonymisation feature and by removing any other personal data from the titles or URLs of the pages you visit.
We will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would directly identify who you are.
Why we need your data
We collect your personal data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to access CFO and provider services
- provide you with information about local services
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
We use the information we collect through Google Analytics to see how you use co-financing.org and to see how well the site performs on your device.
We do this to help:
- make sure Co-Financing.org is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
- make performance improvements, for example improving page load time and data usage
We combine Google Analytics information with similar data from other CFO digital services to help understand and improve user journey.
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of Co-Financing.Org
The legal basis for processing data collected with Google Analytics on Co-Financing.org and other CFO digital services is your consent.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to perform a task in the public interest
- in the exercise of our functions as a HMPPS department
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with other government departments, agencies and public bodies. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
The data we collect with Google Analytics cookies is transferred and stored with Google where we analyse it with Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics). We do not allow Google to use or share this data for their own purposes.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document or for as long as the law requires us to.
- keep your email data until you unsubscribe
- keep your feedback data for 2 years
- delete access log data which contain your IP address after 120 days
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Privacy Team.
Links to other websites
Co-financing.org contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to CFO, and does not cover other CFO provider services and transactions that we link to. These services, have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Following a link to another website
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact CFO if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us: CFO-ServiceDesk@justice.gov.uk
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer, 102 Petty France, London, SW1H 9AJ
The DPO provides independent advice and monitoring of our use of personal information.
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, CFO will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last updated: April 2023