HMPPS CFO3 focuses on those offenders who have difficulty accessing mainstream services currently available. It offers a through the gate service with focus on preparing for employment and release in custody, followed by training and employment.
CFO3 is currently in over 80 prisons in England and co-located in Probation Offices across England. View the CFO Delivery Map to find CFO services or scroll to the bottom of this page to see who is delivering CFO service in each region.
CFO3 delivery will run until March 2024, then will be incorporated into the CFO Evolution programme.
The focus of CFO3 is to help offenders move towards mainstream provision or into employment by addressing their barriers to work through facilitating access to comprehensive support mechanisms appropriate to their individual circumstance and accessed need.
Our service includes, but are not limited to:
- Core activities – support with ID, CV and Disclosure statements
- Life skills – including financial, organisational, coping and communication skills
- Labour market supportive measures – interview skills, mentoring, self-employment and advice
- Support tailored to each individual
Our participants can typically face the following barriers:
- Drug and/or alcohol issues
- Behavioural issues
- Debt problems
- Accommodation problems
Eligibility for CFO3
- People on Probation
- Those serving a custodial sentence (within 3 years of earliest release date)
- Emphasis is placed on females, ethnic minorities, 50+ and those with a disability
- Not already in paid employment, with a right to work in England and Ireland
- Additional special provision for females, ethnic minorities, 50+ and those with a disability